Skip to main content

Sex, scents and some secrets - Part II

Do you have the ‘dragon’ moves that would make a woman open up? Different tricks work for different types…


So we settled down in our chairs in Swapna’s room. I had a presentation to make the next day and Swapna had to work on some customer proposal. I finished my work first. Well, it took double the time due to my frequent and stealthy appreciation of her smooth cheeks. But she was concentrating on her work.

Swapna has hundreds of men as friends. Even her simplest coughs in facebook would be ardently theorized by tens of them. I had been curious to know what makes her tick, how she keeps these men at fence, her vulnerabilities, her sensitivities, her love life, sexual habits…

I asked Swapna if she would like to take a break and see some magic. I was sure that would work, knowing her frivolous inner child. Bingo! She moved away from her laptop and got ready to be amused. Clapping, wowing and cooing, she insisted on learning some of the tricks herself. So I had to teach by holding her hands and thereby breaking the physical barrier between us. Of course, I had to remind myself that I am the writer here and she is my subject.

I took a pen, held her palm in mine and started asking the questions.

“What is your favorite color?”
“What is your favorite pet?”
“What appeals to you the most – sea, mountains or forests?”


For every answer, I am drawing some strange marks on her palm. Hoping that I would come out with some predictions, Swapna was innocently answering everything.

“How tall is your boyfriend?”

She wonders a bit “Which one?” But she blurts the answer out. And clarifies later that she is not exclusive with him though.

A few such questions later, it finally turns into something exciting.

“What is your favorite sexual position?”


At which point, Swapna says she doesn’t know.

“You mean, your boyfriend is a gay or something?”

“I guess not”

“You GUESS?… you mean…. Uh, you both…. Well?”

The secret that she shared is what triggered me to write about her.

“Mmm.... I am 33 years old, there were a lot of men in my life. And I AM A VIRGIN. Thats how I keep it”.

And when I recovered, I murmured the last question, “What is your favorite soap?”. She says something and I tell her to go and wash her palm with that. She did unleash a few blows on me.

And when I left her about an hour later, she still remained a virgin.

*** Inspiration : Pleasure section of Suketu Mehta’s book Maximum City.

Comments

  1. Ehmmmm.... somehow reading part II felt like a disconnection in term of the style of writing... Felt like there's a rush to quickly kill Swapna... Not much of the sense of anticipation built like part I...

    Nevertheless... quite doubtful that a lady of 33 would just announce to the world "I'M A VIRGIN"
    A lady of Swapna's nature would be rather subtle like "I don't believe in sex before marriage" or "I don't make it a habit of jumping into a man's bed"...

    Could your raging hormone swallowed her subtlety in a way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, yes, your assessment of the subject's nature is a bull's-eye hit. Preoccupied and restless, i just went about rolling this out. What I can say... I can hardly disagree with any of your points.

    Thanks a lot for the critique, will keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stunts for Attention

Some little distraction here before we get on with rebooting the universe. I heard some comments about the writing style of that post (Reboot the Universe - part 1) from various channels. The notable one came from Dhaks, universally recognized as Maams. He said, “hmm...u were alright when I met you last... ”. The genius-unexplored Henry was seconding Maams that “its the usual (weird?) Raja” . Hahhaha. Well, my sanity seems to have left with you Maams. Hereafter, please don’t leave me and go! (Nah, this is not a marriage proposal by any means :P). But honestly, I had my serious doubts about how that style would be received. Actually, I don’t have any fixed style of writing. Nor themes or subject matters. I deliberately keep it that way. In acting, there is such a thing called ‘method acting’. I gathered that its where the characters prevailing above and over the identity or the mannerisms of the actor himself. Daniel Day Lewis! Check him out in IMDB and compare (his real looks with)

Reboot the Universe - Final

It started here Little Trisha has 2 things that I like in her. One - she loves reading. Just that her books have rats as the heroes. Duh!! I have been asking her to grow up. Second - she is random. Radiantly random. This was the recent random thing we did together. That day, she influenced me to a soya milk from the Jolly-Bean’s. Now, soya milk can be boring as sewage. So to give it a bang, they add these ‘chewy pearls’ to it. For the uninitiated, chewy pearls are tiny sweet balls, made using tapioca and dropped lovingly into your drink. If you ever crave to nibble and bite into a soft human body part, you shall try the chewy pearls. So we walked out, bought our cups and started drinking. Baby : Jokes time, Daddy! Daddy : Okay…. Where would a bored cow go? Baby : Where? Daddy : Moooooovie, of course! Ouch!! She giggled at that and got chocked with a chewy pearl. And in a short struggle, she managed to shoot it out of her throat onto the floor. First we thought of cleaning it up. But t

Gangs of New York

“On my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we have met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all, who holds the sway over the Five Points!” Its the Dead Rabbits gang against the natives. As Bill roars, wielding his butcher’s heavy knife, I would already be there next to him in his gang of natives. With McGloin and Hellcat Maggie to my right. This is Martin Scorsese’s movie – “Gangs of New York" New York in the 1800s, was not a city but rather a furnace where a city someday might be forged. It was absolute mayhem and chaos everywhere. Everyone is fighting against every one else - immigrants with the natives, corrupt politicians with themselves, people against a pervasive poverty, 2 opposing police departments, hordes of looting fire brigades, cholera and a catastrophic civil war. “The Five Points” – a slum at the cross junction of 5 streets (Mulberry, worth, cross, orange and little water) is the axis of all the evil. The root of all the rival gangs - Dead R