Skip to main content

The Order and My Near Arrest

If you simplify everything, there are 2 types of people in this world. The N types and the E types. N types comply with the processes, pay bills punctually, abide by the laws, efficient, non blaspheme, exploit corporate mazes, rapidly achieve capitalistic values, appear to be in control of things and respected by their wives. The E types are the eccentrics. They appear rustic, indisciplined, unpredictable, move their backsides only when it involves their passion, poorly paid and generally unappreciated. While the world hails the N types, this is a story of how unsuitable it has become for the E types.

I used to own a motor bike few years back. That was just a passion at that point in time. With the lack of any ‘wild hogs’ gang and with the bike getting older, I moved on to other things. So I planned to scrap the bike. Until here, it was fantastic, folks. But the tough part is to move my ass into executing it. Its boring things like this that I find as hard as shitting bricks. So in that mode, I dint even renew my parking coupons.

A flurry of pink letters followed, slapping me fines after fines. Finally I moved a little, paid the fines and scrapped the bike. Still, crap dint clear right. I missed another 16 bucks of fine somewhere and the Housing Development Board (HDB) sent me an arrest warrant. Now, my jaws drop to the floor and balls explode to the roofs amazing at my country’s governing machine. To recover a fine of 16 dollars, they double checked my address with Immigrations (which costed them 15 dollars), sent a registered post to my home (3 dollars), called the police to issue me an arrest warrant (50 dollars) and booked a case in the court (100 dollars). Good Heavens, efficient little Sillypore!

And I missed that due also. So I was sent a few warning letters but all those went to my old address – by then I have moved home. So, they issued another arrest warrant, spending so much of their money again. The wife got noticed of it this time. Let me tell you, any level of authority must be easier to deal with than my furious wife. So I followed the process. The Police shamed me giving the ‘accused’ treatment and the HDB’s fine snowballed to 600 dollars. I produced evidences that I was traveling on those summon days and my change of address and got the fine down to 131 dollars. And paid it through my nose.

Call me shameless and shoot me when I end up like this next time.

But will this make me strive to be an N type? I don’t think so. I am afraid I will end up spending too much time on too smaller things, generally become insignificant in the big scheme of life and boring. Not that I achieved a name in the history. But I believe the answer is not the end result but an attempt on a journey towards it. Sounds like a big ass excuse to a lame laziness? I don’t know. But I do need some order in life. I am grateful to my wife – pleasantly or unpleasantly, she tries to bring some order to my domestic life. I need someone who can bring the same on the other compartments of life too. But I can’t pay for that. Do you know someone?

Comments

  1. (From Facebook)
    Yogi Selliah : I can help if you want at $100/hr
    November 19, 2009 at 10:40am ·

    Ashir Thuyyath : I can help too... if you can pay 250/hr
    November 19, 2009 at 8:22pm ·

    Raja SP Yea right. If I can afford you guys, i would rather choose a Lewinsky :P
    November 20, 2009 at 11:02am ·

    Ashir Thuyyath : Will get the RDM to check Lewinsky's availability and her rates :-)
    November 20, 2009 at 11:25am ·

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stunts for Attention

Some little distraction here before we get on with rebooting the universe. I heard some comments about the writing style of that post (Reboot the Universe - part 1) from various channels. The notable one came from Dhaks, universally recognized as Maams. He said, “hmm...u were alright when I met you last... ”. The genius-unexplored Henry was seconding Maams that “its the usual (weird?) Raja” . Hahhaha. Well, my sanity seems to have left with you Maams. Hereafter, please don’t leave me and go! (Nah, this is not a marriage proposal by any means :P). But honestly, I had my serious doubts about how that style would be received. Actually, I don’t have any fixed style of writing. Nor themes or subject matters. I deliberately keep it that way. In acting, there is such a thing called ‘method acting’. I gathered that its where the characters prevailing above and over the identity or the mannerisms of the actor himself. Daniel Day Lewis! Check him out in IMDB and compare (his real looks with)

Reboot the Universe - Final

It started here Little Trisha has 2 things that I like in her. One - she loves reading. Just that her books have rats as the heroes. Duh!! I have been asking her to grow up. Second - she is random. Radiantly random. This was the recent random thing we did together. That day, she influenced me to a soya milk from the Jolly-Bean’s. Now, soya milk can be boring as sewage. So to give it a bang, they add these ‘chewy pearls’ to it. For the uninitiated, chewy pearls are tiny sweet balls, made using tapioca and dropped lovingly into your drink. If you ever crave to nibble and bite into a soft human body part, you shall try the chewy pearls. So we walked out, bought our cups and started drinking. Baby : Jokes time, Daddy! Daddy : Okay…. Where would a bored cow go? Baby : Where? Daddy : Moooooovie, of course! Ouch!! She giggled at that and got chocked with a chewy pearl. And in a short struggle, she managed to shoot it out of her throat onto the floor. First we thought of cleaning it up. But t

Gangs of New York

“On my challenge, by the ancient laws of combat, we have met at this chosen ground, to settle for good and all, who holds the sway over the Five Points!” Its the Dead Rabbits gang against the natives. As Bill roars, wielding his butcher’s heavy knife, I would already be there next to him in his gang of natives. With McGloin and Hellcat Maggie to my right. This is Martin Scorsese’s movie – “Gangs of New York" New York in the 1800s, was not a city but rather a furnace where a city someday might be forged. It was absolute mayhem and chaos everywhere. Everyone is fighting against every one else - immigrants with the natives, corrupt politicians with themselves, people against a pervasive poverty, 2 opposing police departments, hordes of looting fire brigades, cholera and a catastrophic civil war. “The Five Points” – a slum at the cross junction of 5 streets (Mulberry, worth, cross, orange and little water) is the axis of all the evil. The root of all the rival gangs - Dead R